What do you get the person who really doesn’t need anything else? Here’s the PERFECT gift! “Adopt” an animal from your local zoo on their behalf.
I gave the gift of a pair of lovebirds to my grandparents last year (who had been married for 68 years!) and they thought it was simply fabulous. Check with your local zoo on their “adoption” program, or check out the one at The Dallas Zoo.
According to The Dallas Zoo’s site, “Parent Benefits” include:
- “A personalized Adoption Certificate with a color photo of your animal.
- A Zookeeper’s Report, filled with information about your animal.
- Periodic mailings about the Zoo and the Aquarium.
- A special invitation to the annual Adopt Parents’ Party.
- A listing on the Adopt Parents’ Honor Roll at the Dallas Zoo.”
All of this for just $25 to $2,000 per year — something for every budget! And, your gift is tax-deductible. That’s a win, win, win!
Here are the “adoption” sites for some zoos across the country: