I’m just going to start with a little grumble, grumble… You know when you’ve already bought something and then you see it on an AMAZING SALE and you just want to kick yourself? Well, good thing I’m not in pointy high heels right now!
Right now you can get a family membership to The Heard Natural Science Museum & Wildlife Sanctuary in McKinney, TX for just $40. That’s right! The membership that is normally $75 is on sale for JUST $40! (Yes, I paid the full price several months ago…) This deal is through Savvy Source, and at least 20 memberships need to be sold in order for the deal to go through. (You lose nothing if the minimum number of memberships is sold.)
Here’s what is included in the family membership:
- Free admission for 2 adults and all children 18 and younger living in the same household or grandchildren 18 and younger
- 10% discount at the Heard Nature Store
- Discounts on classes, camps, birthday parties, and facility rentals
- Express entry into museum for crowded special events
- Invitations to members-only events
- Discounted admission passes for your guests
If you live anywhere in the DFW area or North Texas, this deal is one you should seriously consider. The Heard is a gorgeous expanse of land complete with hiking trails, wildlife galore, an indoor museum, learning labs, guest speakers, traveling exhibits, and more. They have star gazing walks at night, guided hikes year ’round, and it is a primo spot for kids’ birthday parties. The Heard is staffed with highly educated folks who love to share nature with guests of all ages through classes for the youngest ones on up!
Also, “note that 5% of your purchase goes to a preschool of your choice and another 5% for scholarships for children who otherwise could not afford to go to preschool.”
Expires: THIS FRIDAY, June 25, 2010