I don’t know about you, but over the years I’ve managed to tuck my driver’s license into every sports bra I own in an effort to be safe when biking, running, and walking outdoors. Well, here’s an even better solution that just may save your life.
Road ID makes just that — ID that you can wear on your body while out on the road. Their products range from the Wrist ID Sport (pictured in this post), for just $19.99, to a band for your ankle, a pouch to put on your shoe, or even a simple ID that fits on your shoe laces. You can print up to 6 lines of text on the ID, and you can always order a replacement ID to fit on your strap if you ever move or need to change emergency contact info.
Right now, you can SAVE $2 OFF your order when you enter code CROWIE at checkout. This brings the Wrist ID Sport, shipping and all, to just $19.50 (for an order shipping to Dallas).
If you know an athlete who doesn’t yet have one of these, I’d urge you to pass this deal along. I received the Wrist ID Sport as a Christmas gift from my in-laws, and it brings me great peace of mind. It even encourages me. The last line of text on my band says, “STRONG COURAGEOUS MOMMY.” If that doesn’t inspire you, I’m not sure what will!
Feel clueless as to what you’d put on your Road ID? Here’s what is on mine, to give you an idea:
- MY NAME / YEAR OF BIRTH (Their site said having your year of birth is helpful for medical personnel.)
- CITY, TX USA (Just in case I am ever exercising on vacation – or in a sporting event – in another country.)
- HOME 222-222-2222
- HUSBAND 333-333-3333 (It literally just says “husband” instead of his name, and this is his cell number.)
- SISTER 444-444-4444 (It literally just says “sister” instead of her name, and this is her cell number.)
- STRONG, COURAGEOUS MOMMY (This helps me to keep going when I want to quit.)